Thursday, March 17, 2011

From the Couch to 5K

Anyone that knows me knows that I have been trying to lose weight. The wedding has been the kick in the butt I've needed to actually stick to a long term plan. I have been working out five days a week for the last couple of weeks, and I have started to see a difference in my endurance level. Not much of a difference in weight, but every time I finish a workout I feel so accomplished.

Anyway, I have heard about this program called the Couch-to-5K. Essentially, you go from couch potato to running 5K in about nine weeks. It seems like a challenge. I like challenges. So tomorrow morning before work, I'm going to start running. I plan on doing three days running and two days cycling or working on the elliptical, but we will see how this running thing wears on me.

I will keep you guys updated on my progress! Here's hoping I can handle this challenge.

More info on Couch-to-5K: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

And here's the workout schedule for the next nine weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment